Do you know, how to unlock Android phone pattern lock without factory reset or root? If you’ve locked out of the Android phone with pattern or Pin code, follow the tutorial to unlock pattern lock or pin code on Android without losing data. You can unlock Android phone pattern or pin code lock by Google recovery, Android SDK tools, Aroma file manager and full factory reset.
Warning : Factory reset will delete all your content from Android phone.
How To Unlock Android Pattern Or Pin Lock Without Losing Data (No Root)
You should follow step by step to unlock Android phone pattern lock or pin lock without reset or root.
1#. Google Account :
If your locked Android phone is running Android 4.4 or lower and has pattern screen lock, you can use your Google account to unlock it.
- Try to unlock your phone multiple time, you’ll see “Unable to unlock screen“, you have incorrectly drawn your unlock pattern 5 time. Try again in 30 seconds.
- Tap forgot pattern, enter the Google Account username and password you previously added to your device.
- Reset your screen lock.
2#. Android SDK Tools :
- Download and install Android SDK tools in your Windows PC.
Note : This method works fine, if USB debugging is enabled before your Android device was locked. If USB debugging is not enabled, boot into recovery mode, head to Mounts and Storage and now mount/data.
- Connect your locked Android phone with PC or Laptop using USB cable.
- Open folder where you have installed Android SDK tools, head to Local Disk C > Users > App data > Local > Android > Android SDK > Platform tools.
- You have to open the command prompt in platform tools with Shift + right click, then select open command window here.
- It will open command window, type these two command to confirm ADB setup. The first command is to check the ADB software version and the second command is to check whether your device is connected or not.
- adb version
- adb device
- Now enter these commands one after the other.
- adb shell
- cd /data/data.com.android.providers.settings/databases
- sqlite3 settings.db
- update system set value=0 where name=’lock_pattern_autolock’;
- update system set value=0 where name=’lockscreen.lockedoutpermanently’;
After you’ve completed this, reboot your device. If this doesn’t reset your lock screen, With your phone still connected to your PC, and the command prompt open, enter the following command and reboot your phone.
- adb shell rm /data/system/gesture.key
Note : If your Android phone is rooted, just replace the above command line with given below. For rooted Android device all the above step are same.
- adb shell
- rm /data/system/locksettings.db
- rm /data/system/locksettings.db-wal
- rm /data/system/locksettings.db-shm
3#. Aroma File Manager :
- Download Aroma File Manager and copy zip file to your phone’s SD card by using USB cable or card reader.
Note : make sure your Android device is fully shut down.
- Press and hold the correct keys to boot the device into recovery mode, try the following combination.
Press and hold power button + Home button
Press and hold power button + Volume Down button
Press and hold power button + Volume Up button + Volume Down button
Press and hold power button + Home button + Volume Up button
Press and hold power button + Home button + Volume Down button
- Release the buttons when the device is powered on, you may need to hold the buttons for several seconds. You will see the Android device booting into recovery mode.
- Press the Volume Up and Volume Down keys to scroll up or down through the menu option and select “Install Zip from SD card“. Press the power button to confirm your selection.
- Now give path to install “Aroma File Manager” from SD card, it will open Aroma File Manager.
- Head to Data Folder > System Folder and find “gesture.key” for pattern lock and “password.key” for pin lock.
- Delete the above mentioned file and exit from Aroma File Manager. Reboot your Android device. After rebooting you, draw any pattern to unlock your Android device.
4#. Factory Reset :
First of all connect your device with computer using USB cable and copy all your important images, files, documents etc. Now disconnect your Android device from PC or Laptop and follow the steps given below.
- Fully turned off your Android device and boot your Android device into recovery mode.
- Scroll down with Volume Down button and select data/factory reset with the volume keys.
- Press the power button to confirm your selection, and select “Yes, delete all data”, again press power button.
- Your device now reset to its factory default state.
Note : If your Android device freezes at any point, hold down the power button until it restarts. In this case, start factory reset from beginning.
If your device is registered with your Google Account and ADM was enabled on your phone before you were locked out. You can do a Remote Factory Reset, visit Android Device Manager using your Computer or Laptop.
On the top left hand side, you’ll see compatible/registered devices. After confirming the Erase function, your phone will boot into recovery and start performing a factory reset.