Is it legal to download YouTube videos? Probably “Yes”, as long as you’re downloading a video for your own personal offline use. Read this Google’s terms of service for YouTube
You shall not download any Content unless you see a ‘download’ or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
YouTube has over a billion users that’s almost one-third of all people on the Internet and everyday people watch hundreds of millions of hours on YouTube to generate billions of views. YouTube is designed to watch and upload videos on their website but it doesn’t allow users to download YouTube videos. YouTube offline video feature is probably the method to save a video in your device to watch later, but anything you save will be accessible for 48 hours.
It’s easy to download YouTube videos to watch later, and here I’ll show you how to save them to your PC, smartphone or tablet, regardless of whether you’ve an iOS, Android, Windows phone or Blackberry device.
7 Ways to Download YouTube Videos
#1. YouTube Browser Downloader
Torch Browser allows you to save audio and video from the web using the Integrated Media Grabber. Once you find video on YouTube that you want to save, click on the Media Grabber button on the upper right hand side to easily save it without having to use external programs, converters or extensions. Another feature of this browser, the audio will automatically be saved in a separate file.
Torch browser is based on the Chromium source code, and built in torrent i.e. downloading and managing torrents is easy.
#2. YouTube Downloader Websites
In this methods, we use YouTube downloader website to save video directly to device. Popular sites includes Clipconverter, Savefrom, Keepvid. These free online media conversion application, which allows you to download any audio or video URL to common formats such as 3gp, mp4, 720p, and 1080p.
- Visit YouTube and open the video that you want to download, copy the video URL by pressing (Ctrl + C).
- Open a new tab, type www.clipconverter.cc in the url and press Enter.
- Now paste your YouTube URL at “Video URL to download” and press continue.
- Press the ‘Start’ button at the bottom to start the conversion, this may take several minutes depending upon video size.
- After the conversion is finished you can download the converted file.
#3. YouTube Video Downloader Software
YouTube video downloader allows to download video, audio and subtitles from YouTube in high-quality and as fast as your computer and Internet connection will allow.
- Download and install 4k video downloader in your device such as PC, Mac or Linux.
- Head to YouTube and just copy the video link you want to download from your browser.
- Open the 4k video downloader app and paste the URL copied earlier.
- Choose the video quality 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p and click on download button. Done!
You can also use Freemake Video Downloader to download YouTube video, but it’ll work only on Windows platform.
#4. Bonus Tips to Download YouTube Videos
1. You can use media player like VLC or Real Player to download your favorite videos from YouTube.
2. In Google Chrome browser, download a plugin or extension ‘Ultimate YouTube downloader‘ and in Mozilla Firefox, download add-ons, ‘Download Helper‘ or ‘Net Video Hunter‘ to save YouTube videos.
3. To download YouTube video directly without any software, just change the YouTube video URL like this
4. Download and install the latest version of Internet Download Manager (IDM), open your browser, search and play your video. You’ll see the download button on bottom left side, just click ‘download this video’. Free download manager is a media grabber and work in similar manner as IDM.
Which method do you use to download YouTube video in your device, feel free to share with us in comment box.