Slow torrent download speeds may be result of a lack of seeds and a slow internet connection. If you have finally found the torrent you are looking for, but its taking hours or even a day to download, you know very well how annoying slow download can be. There are certain ways to tweak your uTorrent settings and optimize your connection for maximum download speeds. BitTorrent is a P2P protocol. Unlike HTTP there is no centralized server distributing data. Instead, files and folders are stored on regular PCs just like yours. People choose to let others download these files directly from them. Any user who has fully completed the download, and is only uploading to others is called a seed, any user who has a portion of the file and is downloading the rest and also uploading whatever he has is called a peer. And any user who downloads more then he uploads is called a leecher.
Most searched terms related to utorrent
- How to increase download speed in utorrent
- How to make utorrent download faster
- How to increase utorrent download speed
- How to make utorrent faster
Also See : How to download torrent directly without torrent client
Test your Internet connection speed from here
Here are some point you must remember while downloading a torrent
1. Number of Seeds : Seeders are those who continue to share the file after it has been downloaded. The more the seeders there are the faster the download will be.
2. One Torrent : Download only 1 torrent at a time. The more torrents you try to download, the slower it’ll download for the one you want.
3. uTorrent Update : Make sure you have the uTorrent recent version. To update, open uTorrent > Help > Check for update.
4. Enter the Trackers : Right click on Torrent file > Properties > General tab, locate the “Trackers” box. Now copy the following trackers from below and paste it in “Trackers” Box. The more trackers, the more chances to increase your download speed.
Here is a list of all trackers
How to configure uTorrent for Maximum Download Speed
- Start Minimized
- Automatically install updates
- Send detailed info when checking for updates
- Check association on Startup
- Prevent standby if there are active torrents
2. Connection Settings : Open uTorrent > Options > Preference and tap on connection. Change port to 45682, tap on the following checkbox and click on apply.
Enable UPnP port mapping
Enable NAT-PMP port mapping
Add Windows firewall exception
- Apply rate limit to uTP connections
- Use additional uploads slots if upload speed < 90%
4. BitTorrent Settings : Open uTorrent > Options > Preference and tap on BitTorrent. Tap on the following checkbox
- Enable DHT network
- Enable DHT for new torrents
- Enable Local peer Discovery
- Enable bandwidth management [uTP]
- Enable UDP tracker support
- Ask trakcers for scrape information
- Enable peer Exchange
You need to change the Protocol Encryption outgoing “Disable” to “Forced”.
- Maximum number of active torrents 8
- Maximum number of active downloads 1
- Minimum ratio 200
- Override automatic cache size and specify the size manually (MB) 1800
- Reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed
- Enable caching of disk writes
- Write out untouched blocks every 2 minutes
- Write out finished pieces immediately
- Enable caching of disk reads
- Turn off read caching if the upload speed is slow
- Remove old blocks from the cache